Originally Posted By: KG2V
Or should I say flu like symptoms

Started with a sore throat Monday, then Fevers started Midday Tuesday. By Wednesdat, the fevers were getting silly (get up in the AM with 99, Fever would spike late afternoon at just over 102.

Anyone have any good hints - if I gould just get that PND to stop (I actually think it might be stuck mucus), at least then I can sleep - Going on the 5th day of this, and I feel horrid
(oh, and any cures have to be High BP and diabetic friendly)

You can loosen up stuck mucus with fluids (well-peppered chicken soup, consumed from a bowl works well) or guiafenesin, the active ingredient in plain Robitussin or mucinex. Consider a bedside humidifier-the spinning kind is more effective than the steam kind. Topical nasal spray from the doc might help, steroids or antihistamine.

Benadryl is useful, partly as an antihistamine, but mostly as a sleeping pill-it makes almost everybody drowsy, and is pretty safe. If you can take ibuprofen, take it around the clock in doctor approved doses, to prevent the fever from coming back. It can be taken in combination with acetaminophen for both aches, pains and fever. Some docs suggest gargling with kids liquid ibuprofen, which has some topical analgesic effect.

Diabetes and hypertension are a tough pair of burdens.Hang in there, big guy.