Originally Posted By: Art_in_FL
I got one of these in silver years ago:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_tm-311h_2aaa.htm

It was about $18 at Target.

After roughly four years of entirely reliable and satisfactory service it is still kicking.

Up side is it is $30 cheaper (you could buy three if you include S&H) and slight more compact. Otherwise they are functionally equivalent. Minus the label and bragging rights, of course.

For the price of the Fenix I can buy a perfectly good light, compass, and knife. It is a question of how much you value your money and how careful you are with it.

George Carlin was right - it is all about money. What you do with money; what you do for money.

I'm glad you like it and that it has been dependable for you. I haven't found that to be the case.

I had a couple of those exact lights from Target, branded under the River Rock name, for use as pen lights in medical kits. One totally stopped working right when I needed it and it wasn‘t a battery issue, both have since been replaced with Streamlight penlights. I’d certainly hate to depend on one to navigate a dark trail at night as they are just about bright enough to find something dropped under a desk. They in no way compare to Fenix. My $20 Fenix E05-1AAA is twice as bright as the 2AAA River Rock light and from my experience with other Fenix lights I'd tend to depend on it working when needed a lot more too.

Edited by rebwa (04/29/11 03:20 PM)