I am fortunate to work in an industrial environment where the dresscode is jeans and a polo shirt. It is no problem to walk around with a Leatherman on your belt, a folding knife clipped to one front pocket and a high output EDC flashlight clipped to the other pocket. However many of our friends here at ETS must meet a more stylish dresscode and having a SureFire sticking out of your pocket is a no-no.

I ran across the new Fenix LD05 today and was struck by this cool looking little 2xAAA flashlight. It uses a regulated Cree emitter and a clickie switch. It has 3 output levels, including 100 ANSI lumens for 1.5 hours. But what caught my fancy is how it is designed to blend in with a higher dresscode environment. You could have this in your shirt or jacket pocket and slide right by. Put a couple of lithium AAA cells in there and you're golden.

I have no connection with Fenix, I just think that the LD05 offers a good option to those who want to EDC a light with serious capability but can't dress casually.