Church-key?
"Stuck" jar lid openers
Wine / beverage bottle openers
"Stuck" interior doors and drawers
An opener for your padlocks without the keys / combination
A few sizes of pry bars
A few sizes of chain cutters
A few sizes of scissors / shears

A good multitool substitutes for a can opener, bottle opener, and even potentially a stuck jar lid opener. Some models of SAK can open wine bottles; my theory is that if I have wine and no corkscrew I will resort to lower-tech methods of opening. I also have a P51 can opener in case the Wave isn't available to open cans.

Padlocks and the like are not easily opened with small tools. A bolt cutter, while very handy, is large, unwieldy, and tends to gather unwelcome attention when carried around. I have one at home but not in a car kit. Ditto with larger pry bars.

The opening tools I carry in my BOB are a pocket widgy, a breacher bar, a knife, and a multitool.

Quote:
What other container / enclosers do you commonly encounter?

Many things that I need to open can be suitably dealt with by using the appropriate screwdriver. The multitool in my BOB is a post-2004 Leatherman Wave with the full bit kit. My car kit includes a screwdriver, a nutdriver and a comprehensive set of regular and security bits.

Quote:
An opener / ignition starter for your car without the keys / combination?

Is there need for a "gamma" / plastic bucket opening tool?

What tool do you use to open tough plastic clamshell packages?

Should you get the tools and study lock-picking?

My car won't run without a coded key. Plastic bucket lids open nicely with pry bars. I typically use my razor-sharp RSK Mk1 mini to open difficult plastic packages. Lock-picking takes a lot of skill and specialized tools. In many jurisdictions possession of those tools is a crime; I don't carry them. It takes me a long time to pick anything other than the most rudimentary lock. With a key that fits in the keyway, the file on my Wave, and some time, I could theoretically make a bump key.

Quote:
Closers
Assorted sizes and shapes of opened can replacement "lids"
Opened wine / beverage bottle sealers
?Is there a way to re-seal an opened pull-tab beverage / food can?
Freezer grade, self-sealing, plastic bags
A few sizes of replacement locks / padlocks
A few sizes of cable / chain to pair with padlocks

I carry freezer bags and cable ties in my BOB, but otherwise I don't worry about it too much. A plastic bag and a cable tie can close bottles and cans. Carrying spare locks and chains sounds like a lot of weight.

Quote:
What else in the way of openers and closers would help ensure you are "equipped to survive"?

Your list is excellent.

Paracord can close a lot of things up. I carry a "tube vault" with CR123A batteries in it; it could be repurposed to keep an ounce or two of something secured. Saws are good to open a variety of things. Spare keys to important things can be very handy.