In any group of sufficient size there will be one or more that don't mesh well. People who mean well and participate but who seem to provide nothing but objection, discord, and wasted time over insignificant issues.

I'm not too enthusiastic about the metaphor of the bathtub, a downhill run and blast mean a bathtub might have advantages, but if you can get past it there are many good points and useful observations.

http://scienceblogs.com/casaubonsbook/2011/04/bathtubs_macgyver_and_the_ones.php

In my experience divergent viewpoints are frustration precisely because they represent some part of the human condition I'm not comfortable with. I also note that if you are part of a group the groups views will need to be reconciled with these unpalatable views.

It also has to be noted that rejecting people outright can cause a dedicated coalition that will dedicate efforts against your efforts. Often this happens even as the annoyance is removed and they hold you no grudge. Holding no grudge often magnifies their status as martyr.

An alternative is to find some way to fit them in even if it seems to waste time and provide constant annoyance. It is better to have the annoyance in the tent shooting out than have them outside shooting in.

It is also a great truth that it is a certainty that someone around you considers you to be the bathtub. Odds are someone around you is looking at you and imagining how their life would be better if you were to suffer a timely cerebral aneurysm. Perhaps, just a small one.

How do we come to terms with the other?