Ok I searched for and found a little information about these scattered around in various threads but couldn't find a thread with everyone's neck lanyards/survival necklaces in one place, or with all the information I was looking for either (maybe I am using the wrong name for these?). I am working on my own and so far I have a bead neck chain with a fauxton, whistle and BSA hotspark on it. But I have some questions before I go any further.

What do you use for your necklace material?

Do you have concerns over getting snagged and strangled? In this event does your necklace have a safety factor and if so what is it?

I am leaning heavily toward the beaded necklaces and was wondering if anyone has a good source for the materials?

Special question for EMT’s/paramedics/first responders: Can I put my medic alert tag on this necklace? Or should I keep that separate?

What items do you have on your neck lanyard/survival necklace?

So please feel free to share info, pics, tips, concerns or anything else about neck lanyards/survival necklaces. Looking forward to your responses and thanks in advance for your help.