All other things being equal the more features you get the heavier the tent will be and the more it will cost. If costs don't rise quality: durability, usability, and longevity fall.

Also be aware that tents are designed for narrow people who don't bring in equipment and who don't move around much. A 'two-man' tent is usually only suitable for two children who carry little more than a teddy bear. Most hikers find that a two man tent is suitable for only one and a three-man tent is only suitable for two. And that assumes you don't have a whole lot of gear.

On expeditions it is pretty common to size tents at half their rating so everyone has a space for their sleeping bag, and an equally large space for gear and living. Being snow or rain-bound, stuck in the tent for days, makes small tents torture. Tents you are going to spend just eight hours night in, and limit use to sleeping, cooking, eating, and working outside the tent, can be smaller.

Generous, well designed vestibules and porches can make up to some extent for a smaller interior space but they add weight and expense.

Granted I'm in the warm south but I've found that a simple tarp and mosquito netting set up over a ground cloth works well. I find most tents to be confining. It bothers me to be blind to my surroundings.

Bivy bags under a tarp can work. I would sometimes rig a tarp and leave the bivy behind. If rain threatened I would slip the foot of the bag into a garbage bag. Works for moderate cold. Hot weather I would leave the bag behind. And curl up under a fleece blanket and mosquito netting.