I guess a big part of your plan needs to be knowing your community and your neighbours. None of us can predict how people will act in an emergency, especially if things get dire, but we get some important indicators the rest of the time.

It sounds to me, jenks, like you are part of a closeknit community that is building a great sense of cooperation. Will everyone buy-in? Probably not. Should you let that stop you from continuing to try? I don't think so. You don't need to turn your house into a refugee centre but that doesn't seem to be your intention either.

If I was you, I'd keep builing on that sense of community cooperation. I wouldn't want to take on full responsibility for everything and everyone, but rather, keep empowering your neighbours now, when things are calm. You've got buy-in from the school already and that's a great foundation to build on.

As an already outted leader, people will naturally look to you when things go south. Preparing to stay in that role may just give people that extra boost of confidence they need to pull through, just try to ensure that it's not at the expense of you and your family. (I think you've considered that.) It could be a blessing or a curse for you, depending on the scenario, but it sounds to me like you're already setting the stage for people to be more proactive in taking responsibility for themselves. Kudos!

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA