Here it goes...

I've been trying to figure out how to post this without it becoming a good vs evil of mankind or ammo vs everything else debate...

Recent world events have made me (and many others) look at their preparations and supplies. I'm happy to report that I'm not doing too badly...

So my thoughts turn to my neighbors. Disregarding the fact that I should be teaching men to fish(prepare)... What can I easily and cheaply start putting away to hand out after our little island of 200 homes get cut off when the bridges fall? Assuming a three to seven day wait period for assistance.

I'm thinking along the lines of ten to twenty goodie bags to be able to hand out that would help others but not cost too much in the way of dollars or space to start compiling.

A 1.5L bottle of water, lighter, roll of TP, tea light, el cheap flashlight, large garbage bag or two.

Or does it make more sense to just focus on expanding my own water storage and purification systems because people will need water more than TP?

I'm sure other people have already had this discussion but I didn't find what I was looking for when I searched.

Looking forward to your collective wisdom and thoughts...