Quote:
About 4-4, I received a letter from the USDA: "NASS [National Agricultural Statistics Service] is currently conducting a national survey to identify potential farming operations in the United States and to gather basic agricultural information." And they wanted to know if my single acre grew "...vegetables, has any fruit or nut trees, have cattle, horses, poultry, hogs, bees or aquaculture products..."

We require information, collectivization is inevitable, resistance is futile. shocked Only kidding, its probably more to do with S510 legislation, where if you produce, keep and use your own seeds, you need to be Federally licensed and have to keep strict records for inspection by Monsanto, oops I mean the USDA.

Or it could be that the USDA want to make some calculations on the nuclear fallout contamination i.e. a little hush hush sampling - no questions asked with plausible denialability.

It would certainly make me wonder if my Government starting asking what vegetables were being growing in my garden. Bizarre..

Perhaps the radio jock in FEMA region 6 could find out for you.. whistle

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (04/09/11 06:18 PM)