Cost factor for Krills? Hmmmm... I wouldn't be so sure. Krill is basically a light stick on demand, waterproof and longer lasting than chem lights. I don't want to bring out their statistics and tell you that you are saving $10000 over a period of 5 years but I will use my example. I go camping 3 days at the time. On average I would use markers for kayaks and soft light for tent, if hiking I would strap two lights to my person. I would need 2-3 chem lights a night which is about $5. So in one camping trip I blow about $15 on throw away lighting. I go about 10 times a year. My Krill lights will pay for themselves in no time. I have 5 of them (white, green, orange and two reds) and planning on buying more. They are perfect to finish up dying batteries and because you can shut them off they really last forever. But initial cost is expensive that's why I've got into Krills one year behind my friends. I didn't feel like spending $23 for one light when I could have bought about 12 chemical lights for same amount. But if you used them once in the field than you will be hooked. I considered these lights an investment.

Matt