Quote:
As the earlier fission bombs weren't particularly efficient then I think you can safely assume that the highest proportion of Plutonium fallout found on the Japanese mainland would be from the Nagasaki detonation using a Plutonium weapon.

Which isn't anybody's position, as far as I can tell. As you said in your earlier quote:
Quote:
Concentrations reported for both, plutonium-238 and plutonium-239/240 are similar to those deposited in Japan as a result of the testing of nuclear weapons. The ratio of the concentrations of plutonium-238 and plutonium-239/240 in two of the samples indicate that very small amounts of plutonium might have been released during the Fukushima accident, but this requires to be further clarified.

Nobody's talking about the two bombs dropped on Japanese cities.

Quote:
Of course the idea that the levels of Plutonium contamination of the Fukushima site by the IAEA could not be distinguished between the level of Plutonium fallout from the use of above ground testing from the 1940s to 1960s and from the fuel from a smoldering No3 reactor using 7% Plutonium Oxide MOX fuel which had ejected the top of the inner pressure vessel containment, which surrounds the inner fuel core, 1500 feet into the air to land on the nearby turbine hall to then have vast qualities of Plutonium contaminated hot particles rain down, is the b*lls*it statement.

Your use of negatives is confusing me on what you're saying. Levels of plutonium contamination _can_ be distinguished among above ground testing, the releases from Chernobyl, and the releases from Fukushima. All have distinguishing characteristics. This is pointed out on pages 242, et seq., and pages 255, et seq.

I also recommend watching the video at
[url=ttp://online.itp.ucsb.edu/online/plecture/bmonreal11/][url=ttp://online.itp.ucsb.edu/online/plecture/bmonreal11/][url=ttp://online.itp.ucsb.edu/online/plecture/bmonreal11/]ttp://online.itp.ucsb.edu/online/plecture/bmonreal11/[/url][/url][/url]
where the lecturer talks about distinguishing features between the Fukushima releases and those from Chernobyl.

It is my understanding that it is, indeed, possible to distinguish among various isotopes to tell which came from atmospheric tests and which from burning nuclear reactors.