Originally Posted By: ponder
It seems most broadband survival lists are stoned for one reason or another. If they are simple enough to be absorbed, they are usually not of any real value. If they are intended to be more complete, they are disected and eaten for political reasons. Lets see if we can find five (5) serious lists and vote on our favorite.

I will offer up one to start -

1. http://www.abysmal.com/LDS/Preparedness/Preparedness.pdf

I'm not a member of LDS, but I find this advice to be rock solid, and my wife and I are doing much if it already, but not up to one year yet.

No one list could possibly be perfect for everyone's individual skill level, location, and circumstances, but this one comes pretty close.

I also believe that older pickaxes, bowsaws, shovels, hoes, and rakes will be currency if the SHTF. The older forged tools are increasingly rare, and how many urban/suburban homes even have a spot-welded sheet metal China imitation of a gardening tool on hand?

I also respect the religious views of others, especially the group that has worked hard to compile this useful advice and information and disseminate it for free without regard to religious preferences.

Thank you for posting it......