I'll chime in on the "get your body moving" advice. Find ways or excuses to walk. I almost always use the stairs. It is amazing what walking the stairs for a few floors every day will do for you.

If you work in a multistory building, whenever you leave the office do not come back until you go up and down at least one flight of stairs. Heck, you may start a trend and the next thing you know everyone is getting healthy. If you do not have that option, then take the long way back.

With regards to food, I have found that making meals has been a great help. It is great to learn new things about cooking. I just have a hard time not eating a half gallon of spaghetti; I love pasta! Keep your meals balanced. Also, drink water. This will also add to the trips out of the office and stairs taking. Just be careful with the amount of water. I have experienced the extreme flushing of nutrient/minerals. I was way too thirsty. I knew I had make sure I pulled back a little. When I did, things were better.

In the final analysis it is all about moderation and balance.

Edited by MoBOB (04/01/11 05:25 AM)