Thanks Mark_M. I can only do so much being in an apartment, but the obvious stuff of reducing your vulnerability is best. With gun control laws, it appears it is more trouble than it is worth. The area I'm in, with a State Line running between two cities really complicates things. Not sure how having a weapon is really a "self defense" option if you cannot carry it 95% of the time.

I'm under the assumption I've done everything I can reasonably do, and the point of the surveillance system was to provide good evidence after the fact. HD seemed to be the best way to go. My assumption is that the would-be thieves are amateurs or semi-pros.

The point of the wireless was so that both the wirless router and computer could be hidden in the apartment (or in the walls) and you'd only be able to find the cameras. The outside internet connections are in steel cabinets, so someone would have to take out lines on the pole, or underground, which if you're that dedicated, nothing I do will stop you. I wanted something that would drop the video to the computer, and then upload.

Because of the current state of laws, I did not plan on putting any cameras pointing to the INSIDE of the apartment.

I'll check out the Logitech system and see if it meets my needs.