Originally Posted By: jzmtl
Thanks. I've been thinking about getting a remote gas stove, maybe primus express spider (mostly due to local availability) for the times when my pocket rocket don't work well, and I don't want to drag the omnifuel along.
The Omnifuel does of course make a good remote canister set up.

Although the Omnifuel does not have a pre-heat loop per se, I'll let you in on a little secret: any stove capable of burning liquid fuel is capable of operating in liquid feed mode (provided that you can hook it up to a canister). If a stove has the ability to vaporize a heavy fuel like kerosene, it's for darn sure it can vaporize liquefied gas.

The Omnifuel is truly a cool stove. In weather above 40F/4C, just run it as a regular remote canister stove. In weather from 0F/-18C to 40F/4C, run it in inverted canister (liquid feed) mode. In weather below 0F/-18C, run it on liquid fuel. Of course, any mode that handles colder weather can be employed in warmer weather; it's just that the warmer weather modes are more convenient.

Originally Posted By: jzmtl
On the other hand, I really don't need another hole in my wallet...
That's one of the reasons I reviewed the Rapidfire. It's a) remote and b) has a pre-heat loop (which allows for liquid feed mode), but it's affordable. I picked one up for less than $30.00 recently.

HJ