Having never been in this situation, my reply is based on what I currently think I'd do if I found myself in that situation.

1. Other than for legal authorities, who do you stop for?

As long as slowing down doesn't significantly endanger my life, I think I'd stop for anyone I'm able to help. And for those I cannot I'd like to think I'd stop for a moment to offer a word of comfort, perhaps get their name and a short message they'd like loved ones to receive, write it down and let them know I'll pass it on when I get the chance. In such a situation it's really the least I could do, and I think would also help with morale knowing that I'm at least making a difference for someone in the wake of such utter devastation.

2. What is your response to those who want what you have?

You know, I honestly don't know. If I have enough for everyone there's no problem, if sharing what I have would cause me serious problems then my thoughts range from willing martyrdom to hardened survival, and everything in-between.

3. What protocol do you follow with those who want to join you?

If we can help each other, then lets do it.

4. Where do you draw the line between looting and foraging for a resource you decide you need?

Looting is sneaky and often unnecessary, foraging a resource is done honorably and only for what's truly needed. If the owner of the items is around and has refused to give permission to take anything, then taking it anyway is looting. If the owner is not around to say either way then quickly checking around to see if the items are truly abandoned is an honorable thing to do, and if they are to leave a note with your name and say what you have taken, explain why it is needed, apologize for doing so without permission and write that you intend to reimburse completely if/when possible. As a bonus to this method whoever finds your note will put your name on record, and I think it might warm people's hearts to see someone striving to do the right thing in the midst of such desperation.

I write this from the perspective that the people around me would take priority over finding out whether or not my family's okay, and--to some extent at least--would even take priority over myself. While I'd strongly want to be reunited with family ASAP, I don't see how it does anyone much good for me to be so fixated on that as to ignore the people around me, after all, they have families too, and if I can't be there for my own family and friends the least I can do is be there for someone else's. I think it would become important to learn "triage" of who you can help, who you can't, when to put others above yourself and when to put yourself above others for the greatest net benefit.