The movie "Frozen" is not real, but it did have me trying to problem solve. In the movie, three people got caught on a chair lift about 50 feet up in the middle of the night when the resort shut everything down. The resort was not set to open for another 5 days in the middle of the winter. The people in the movie had NO survival preparation.

What would you bring with you to deal with a situation where you're stuck up there on a ski lift? It would help the discussion if you have gone skiing several times so that you're familiar with how these lifts operate. Let's just assume this predicament could happen for the sake of the thread. I'd rather not discuss reasons why this predicament could never happen, and actually chair lifts have gotten stuck before and have left people stranded for hours.

Here's most of what I carry while snowboarding:

-regular snowboard gear (proper clothing, goggles, helmet, etc.)
-cell phone
-whistle
-small mirror
-small flashlight
-small fire starters
-miniature multi-tool
-credit card and cash
-identification

Try not to laugh at what I'm about to say. I've thought about adding some 550 paracord in order to do an emergency rappel from about 50 feet up. The problem is that I don't know how to do an emergency rappel. I'm confident I could tie appropriate knots. My biggest obstacle would be my personal strength and the rope strength, I think.

Your thoughts and instructions are welcomed.