First, some note on my clothes.

I'm lucky enough that I don't have to dress up for work. I can pretty much wear what I want, I usually drag my courier bag with me to any meetings I may have, and so have a pretty reliable access to the rest of the gear.

- I always wear good walking/hiking shoes (currently ankle-hight Goretex hiking sneakers as it's spring time and lots of puddles)
- 2x 1 metre lengths of paracord as shoe laces.
- Layered clothes, goretex jacket
- 1+ carabineers hanging from belt loops

On my indoor clothes:

- One of those nurses watches (never could learn to be comfortable with something around my wrist)
- A small LED light
- Leather belt
- A small folding pocket knife, tiny spark generator, small mirror (3x4cm), a small whistle and a 2 gallon oven bag folded and taped to the mirror on my key chain (dubbed affectionately my suicidal survival kit)
- Wallet (apart from random cash and cards, contains insurance info, emergency contact info and important phone numbers on waterproof paper, a fresnel magnifying glass and a few cafeteria coupons that would make good tinder)

Jacket pockets:

- Cell phone (kept fully charged)
- Leatherman Wave and the modified survival holster ( see here, seems to be loading slow as hell today)
- random papers I didn't know were there (for tinder or note keeping)
- pack of tissues, currently 8 large tissues, tinder or (relatively clean) wound dressings.
- Lint

In my courier bag

- 2 carabineers
- Pencils
- Paper (A sketch pad and some random papers tucked inside)
- a 30-litre fabric bag (I’ve carried up to 24 kg with it and no seam broke)
- 5 metres of paracord
- Digital camera
- Mini led-light
- Button compass
- Butane lighter
- Film can with bandages, pain killers, 4 butterfly sutures, dental floss and wound wipes and maybe 5 metres of both 1 cm wide skin tape and 4 cm wide duct tape wrapped around it
- Disposable rain poncho
- Lip balm
- A 0,75l water bottle (refilled at every opportunity, especially before leaving home or office).
- Spare moneys (I have two 20 euro bills and assortment of coins, about 50-60 euros worth in case I forget my wallet or it’s stolen)
- 2 needles and about 20 metres of strong twine
- MP3 player
- Plus there’s currently 8 safety pins attached to my bag.