No piped in water, electricity, natural gas, out of gasoline, no heating oil or sewers... sounds like a normal wilderness situation. I would be camping out in my backyard most likely, but if circumstances compelled me to move, I would go as light as possible. The wedding album would be stashed for later retrieval, and I would pare down the "camping gear."

With impassable roads, I would turn to my trusty touring bike, loading it up with about no more than fifty pounds, including spare tubes, and minimum repair tools. I would be able, if required, to shuck the bike, plump about 35-40 pounds on my back, and walk out.

The advantage of a bike is that one could easily accomplish fifty miles a day, even more, depending upon road conditions. The bike can be carried over and around obstacles that would stop cars.

I would be wearing a pair of medium cut, medium weight, hiking boots. Sneakers or trail runners would probably be a little too light and unprotective, but if I could wear them safely, that would be my first choice.

If you are going to use a bicycle for this application, you want a touring model with racks and panniers, relatively wide tires, and low gearing. The usual skinny tired road bike isn't nearly as good.

Local circumstances and weather can profoundly alter these arrangements, but they would work for me, where I am.