Quote:
The main problem with electric cars is they use electric. We either burn fuel in our cars or burn fuel to make the electricity while people argue over which one is slightly more efficient than the other.
I was able to find a place next to my work so I don't have to burn fuel to get to work. I'm close enough to everything else that if the city would build sidewalks, crosswalks and lower the speed limit a little it would actually be safe to. Right now a 45mph two lane road with no sidewalks, stop lights or crosswalks is dangerous enough to drive on, people pulling right out in front of you from all the side streets ( in their defense they have to, too much traffic to ever get an opening), let along walking.

I currently walk the 7 mile round trip everyday to work, using old railway tracks long since long gone (one of the worlds first passenger train routes), through park land, past city garden allotments, quiet residential streets and past some old Victorian era industrial buildings (some being derelict). The more you walk through parkland listening to birdsong in the morning the more you begin to start to hate the internal combustion engine. I got sick and tired of the half dozen sets of traffic lights with the space of mile and the cost of parking the damned thing once in the city centre using car transport. In 1982 we didn't even have any traffic lights in Dundee. crazy Walking is a lot less stressful and there are no delays and takes about 45 minutes either way. I actually enjoy the walk.

This google Street view is one of the most dangerous road crossing points on my route.

Edited by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor (03/09/11 08:43 PM)