Some thoughts regarding tools:

Tires are usually put on with impact wrenches nowadays and are usually pretty hard to remove manually. I like to carry the appropriate impact rated socket, a breaker bar, and a pipe extension.

Car Toolkit: I try to carry inch and metric sockets, ratchet, spinner handle, (some torx, hex, phillips, flatblade, and socket insert bits that can be used with the spinner or ratchet) some cheap open ended wrenches, 5-in-1 Screwdriver, Utility Knife, Wire Cutters, inch/metric allen keys, needle nose pliers, vice grips, magnetic pickup, ballpeen hammer, mini-hacksaw, wonderbar, bright led flashlight, gloves, cloth rags, electrical tape (scotch super 88), gorilla tape, a container to hold parts in (usually use the cup the electrical tape comes in). This is all jammed into a small gatemouth toolbag. I have a safety orange tarp with the plastic sleeve it was shipped in (either can plug a shattered window in a pinch or pad your work area on a wet roadside), along with a wool blanket---these line my trunk. I carry an e-tool, estwing camp axe, and a gerber folding saw as my "expeditionary tools", though I supplement the e-tool with a fullsize snow shovel during the winter.