Originally Posted By: bws48
Originally Posted By: Paul810
Originally Posted By: LED
And someone tell me why they still don't allow more diesels from Toyota, Honada, Ford, GM in the US?

The problem is the emissions.

This is so frustrating.

I agree that it's frustrating. I've been trying to buy a replacement to my 1995 diesel GMC Suburban for years now, but one simply doesn't exist. GM made a concept version Suburban HD, which averaged over 20mpg and could still tow over 9,000lbs. However, they decided not to produce it when they figured the option cost for the 4.5L diesel engine would be around $5,000.

Sure, most people aren't willing to pay that up front.....but I'd be happy to, considering the gas version of the same truck averages 12mpg with similar HP and lot less torque.

Now, there are some options out there if you're looking for smaller vehicles. VW, BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are all offering diesels right now. For example:

Audi has their diesel A3 hatchback that gets 30 city/42 highway. By comparison, the gasoline version gets 22 city/28 highway on premium. The difference is staggering. If they offered an AWD version I would own one.