Here's a couple of photos of the individual FAK I've put together. I've made several of these that get carried in EDC bags and backpacks by myself and my kids. Not as beefy as most the other kits I've seen here, but these are more in line with immediate self-treatment than being prepared to render first aid to the masses.

Here's the entire kit. I find that breast milk bags are just the right size for these small kits, and are more air-tight than any other zip-bag I've used. (I think it was Susan who posted up about using breast milk bags in the Urban EDC forum?).

Here's the contents:

Counter-clockwise from top-left are:
  1. Chemical Cold Compress Pack
  2. 15g Celox Hemostatic Agent
  3. 3" Elastic Bandage
  4. 6 Butterfly Closures
  5. 8 Small Bandage Strips (~ 1/2" x 2")
  6. 1 Surgipad (5"x9")
  7. 2 Absorbent Gauze Pads (3"x3")
  8. 2 Extra-Large Bandage Strips (2"x4")
  9. 8 feet of 1/2" Medical Tape
  10. 6 Large Bandage Strips (~ 1" x 3")
  11. 2 Gauze Dressings (2"x2")
  12. 10 Feet Duct Tape
  13. 4 Alcohol Pads
  14. 2 Antiseptic Wipes
  15. 10 Cotton Swabs
  16. 2 Non-Stick Gauze Pads (3"x4")
  17. 2 Tongue Depressors
  18. 2 Pairs Nitrile Gloves
  19. OTC Meds Pack, including
    + 12 Ibuprofen
    + 12 Acetaminophen
    + 08 Loperamide
    + 08 Diphen Antihistamine
  20. 2 Antibiotic Ointment Packets
  21. Emergency Conditions and Contacts Card (not shown)
I elected to not put anything in the kit that would cause me trouble going through building or airport security, and also to not duplicate things that would always be elsewhere in my bag/pack or on my person. For example, a SAK Classic is on my key-ring so I have a small knife, scissors, tweezers and toothpick. Also on my key-ring is a small pen and Maratac AAA flashlight.

Without the Celox, the kit costs about $12 in materials (actual cost is around $30, but most packages of gauze, bandages, etc contain sufficient quantities to make 3 or 4 separate kits). The Celox adds another $18 to the price, but if it works as advertised, is well worth the price.

I'd appreciate any suggestions for improvement.