Originally Posted By: Russ
re car batteries, the first time the battery in my truck dies it flatlined . . there was no recharging it . . when the next battery reached it's manufacturers (Interstate) drop dead date, I replaced it with a new one just like it because from my perspective it was totally trouble free. Interstate batteries seem to be pretty good -- no affiliation.

I prefer the Sears Diehard Platinum batteries, which are private-labeled Odyssey PC5100's, largely considered the best batteries made at present. I do a lot of recreational off-road driving and camping, these batteries have significantly more reserve capacity for winching,using vehicle lights to setup camp after dark, and running a 12V/DC Engel refrigerator. I've also used Interstate deep-cycle batteries on my camping trailer, and they were okay for the money, but didn't last as long as I liked.