Thanks, Am_Fear_Liath_Mor,

Those are interesting numbers. I wonder, though, if in practice you'd really realize a 30% fuel savings. It'd be interesting to do a series of tests. Unfortunately, such tests are very time and resource intensive.

Re the Jetboil PCS as compared to a Crux-Eta pot combination: In the field, wind is the great bane of upright canister stoves. In wind, the Jetboil PCS may have an advantage in that it's tightly coupled pot offers some wind proofing. In a serious wind, the Reactor, despite it's weight and bulk, might be a good stove to have; it's really windproof.

You raise a really good point about the Eta pot being more flexible. A Jetboil PCS pot basically only works with one stove. The Eta with many, many stoves. A popular combination is the 1.0 L Eta pot with a Svea 123 stove. The stove will nest inside the pot. It's sort of an ironic combination of high and low tech, but I have several friends that swear by it.

You also raise a good point about the size of fuel canister that can be carried with a Jetboil PCS. Only being able to carry 4oz/113g class gas canisters is a limitation. Having said that, I do have a Jetboil PCS, and I do like it. For what it is, it's a good stove system, BUT it does have it's limitations. You can pretty much forget "real" cooking in a Jetboil PCS.

HJ