Caveat: I have not used the 1L Eta pot. I have used the 2L Eta pot and like it very much. I'm a big believer in hard anodized aluminum when it is affordable. Friends of mine who have the 1L Eta pot really like it. I've looked for one at a good price but have been frustrated.

My experience with heat exchangers is that they do definitely speed things up. They also make things more efficient. Do they ultimately result in a weight savings? My gut instinct is that they probably don't save enough fuel to wind up with a savings in weight UNLESS they allow you to go on an outing with one canister where you might otherwise have to take two.

If you're doing something time consuming like snow melting, particularly if you then need to boil the water, a heat exchanger might really pay off in terms of time savings.

I have two Primus LiTech kettles that do not have heat exchangers. They are good quality items. I do note though that for boiling 1.5 liters of water, my friend's 1.7L Primus heat exchanger pot is noticeably faster although I've not formally timed things.

HJ