Presumed Lost,
By all means take the plunge, PCP rifles are great. But, admittedly there is something to be said for grabbing your rifle and a tin of pellets and taking off, without worrying about tanks or pumps, my next rifle is going to be a Air Arms tx 200 in 22.

To talk about PCPs a bit, the main advantage I see is extended shooting with out filling, fast follow up shot, and no recoil, so, unlike a springer follow though is not nearly as important, therefore you can shoot smaller groups with less practice. I don't fill from a scuba tank, I have a pump, which is also expensive. It is not bad to fill your rifle with the pump and I get about 40 full power shots from one fill. My hunting pellets are beeman crow magnums and kodiaks both of which will shoot into tiny little bughole groups at 40yds. Bob, my hunting partner, has the daystate, and an R1 and R7. Air rifles have opened an entire new realm to my hunting and shooting sports, anyone that turns their nose up is missing out on a whole lot of practice and fun. BTW my wife cooks some rabbit and dumplings that is out of this world. Chris

Edited by WEB (11/25/03 05:24 PM)