So Ive heard abit about aluminum being linked to alzheimer's disease and was wondering if that effected anyones take on using it.

"Myth 4: Drinking out of aluminum cans or cooking in aluminum pots and pans can lead to Alzheimer’s disease.

Reality: During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat."

http://www.alz.org/alzheimers_disease_myths_about_alzheimers.asp

I honestly Didn't like aluminum even before I heard of this. When I was little I owned a Stainless steel messkit that was given to me by someone and then bought a aluminum messkit to replace it later on. The Aluminum one was so pliable it was a dented piece of bent metal in no time and since then I have stuck to stainless steel.

So what is your take? Have you removed aluminum from your camping cookware? Would you use Aluminum for your emergency gear only since its weight and cost effectiveness? What do you prefer in alternatives in Aluminum?