It seems we live in a throwaway society! My faithful British made 1970s can opener finally bit the dust after nearly 30-40 years service about 3 months ago. Time to buy another can opener. The first lasted about 2 weeks use, then failed. OK it was a piece of cheap Chinese made Tesco junk but it was a similar design to the one that lasted for so long previously. Time for a much beefier design I thought. The second has now lasted about 2 months before again failing. A can opener may become a critical survival tool. P38s and other LM and SAK attachments are all fine and well (well not really, they are slow and leave a ragged dangerous can edge), but I need a quick efficient reliable Kitchen hand held mechanical Can Opener. Hopefully, German design efficiency and quality manufacturing in high grade Stainless Steel will solve the problem. If only Campagnolo made a can opener. smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/WMF-Profi-Plus-T...mp;sr=1-1-spell

Does everyone have a backup Can Opener? It could prove to be very useful for an Emergency if your main Kitchen can opener decides it doesn't want to open cans anymore.