Originally Posted By: acropolis5
A 4-way silcock key to open and close commercial water hose outlets

This is pretty heavy for EDC, and not as flexible as a good multitool. I haven't yet run into a silcock that my LM Wave couldn't open.

Quote:
a Boker Cop Tool

Looks good for a heavier kit (like car or home) but pretty heavy for EDC.

Quote:
and a good trauma kit with the basic knowledge to use it, even if its only from old Army/Marine training videos on U-Tube. Such a kit might include 1-2 Izzy bandages (the 2 pad model is best), TK-4 tourniquet, primed compreesed gauze, chest seal bandage, 28 Fr. nasal airway, Celox or Quik-clot pad or Combat Gauze & small sharpie (mark the head if you use hemostatic dressing). Sounds more complicated to use than it is.

My instructor said that the CAT and SOF-T were the best, as they can be applied to yourself very quickly one-handed. I understand that they're the only ones recommended by CoTCCC.

My best trauma kit is expensive and has all the tools I'm trained to use. I carry it on my person when on the range. I have an IFAK with some things I've added to it that sits in my car kit. It's not quite as complete but significantly less bulky and much less expensive than the one I carry on the range. The Pocket Trauma Kit I EDC in my laptop bag is the smallest, least complete and least expensive, but hopefully enough for me to stop a big bleed before the paramedics arrive.

I cannot recommend training highly enough.