Originally Posted By: jzmtl
Heh, that's one of the reasons I got an omnifuel. I run it on coleman fuel, but good to know it can burn almost anything when needed.

Makes you wonder though, which of the multi-fuel stove on the market can cope with the most variety, or the most ridiculous fuel?
My money is on the XGK. Technically, yes, the Omnifuel can burn more fuels since it can burn canister gas, but try running the crud you can run through an XGK, and an Omnifuel will choke. Nothing against the Omnifuel. I've got one, and it's built like a precision Swiss watch.

The XGK has a steel cable already threaded all the way through the fuel line and into the pre-heat loop that can be pushed/pulled to decoke/scour the line.

The Omnifuel has a valve down by the burner. This gives one greater control over the flame, but it's harder to maintain than the valveless XGK type fuel line.

The XGK has a really large diameter pre-heat loop. It can take some pretty crude fuels: diesel, third-world kerosene, low refined fuel oil, etc.

In a disaster, every truck, motorcycle, and car fuel tank becomes a filling point.

HJ