Thanks Jim, another great review! I had one of these stoves and ended up trading it for some other gear.

As you noted, overall the Reactor is a good stove and people I know really like the stove.

The 2 things I did not like about the Reactor (which you also mentioned in your review)

1) Some of these stoves do not simmer very well, and it varies a lot. The stove I had only worked good in one mode and that was afterburner mode.

2) Weight and bulk of the stove. Although I am not a weight weenie when it comes to gear, the Reactor weighs in at just over a pound (19 oz), which does not include the fuel cannister. This weight and along with the bulkiness of the stove, detracts considerably from it's advantages for my use and needs.

Still, overall the stove sells very considering it's cost and certainly fills a certain niche in the hiking/climbing crowd.

John Lubbock