Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo
Originally Posted By: JeanetteIsabelle
Who would be traveling with just a Brunton "Survival Kit?"

Layers, my dear, layers. Your "kit" should not be a singular package. It should have components spread through the layers of your setup: necklace, pockets, wallet, waist pouch, backpack, bush plane...

Which is fine but this is what Doug had to say about the survival instructions which he rated as "Poor."

These three credit card size waterproof plastic cards are about 50% medical instructions and a half of one card is wasted on the "floating compass." Impractical advice includes the ubiquitous solar still with the usual illustration. Instructions for water purification are to "boil water 20 minutes; let stand 30 minutes; strain,"" a waste of time, resources and energy a survivor might ill afford. The best that can be said of the cards is that they are waterproof.

What if the same idea was applied but with a better set of instruction and the "floating compass" removed? I think the best thing about the PSP is the survival instructions. What if all PSP instructions, not specific to the kit, were placed on waterproof plastic cards? Add the Fresnel Magnifying Lens and we have a kit fit for a wallet.

Jeanette Isabelle