Not listed are low-end lights, weaponlights, or handheld flashlights that sit next to a pistol in a safe.

* Two 3-D cell MagLEDs. Bright, but unregulated. 11 hour runtime (with significantly reduced output after the first few hours).

* Quark 123^2 S2. Medium (19 ANSI* lumens) 20 hour runtime.

* Quark 123^2 R5 Ti LE. Medium (22 OTF** lumens) 20 hour runtime.

* Quark 123^2 R2 Tactical. Medium (18 OTF lumens) 20 hour runtime.

* Quark 123 S2. Medium (19 ANSI lumens) 13 hour runtime.

* Quark 123 R5. Medium (22 OTF lumens) 13 hour runtime.

* Quark 123 R2. With a Prism and headband on it to make it my primary headlamp (this gizmo will work with any Quark other than the MiNi). Medium (18 OTF lumens) 13 hour runtime.

* Preon 2 S2 Ti. Medium (26 OTF lumens) 6 hour*** runtime. I have the Preon 1 body for it, which on Medium does 13 OTF lumens for 6 hours.

* IlluminaTi R5. Medium (30 emitter lumens) for 4+ hours.

* Preon ReVO SS R2. Medium (19.8 OTF lumens) 5.7 hour runtime.

* Preon ReVO R2. Medium (19.8 OTF lumens) 5.7 hour runtime.

* Fenix P2D Q5. Medium (55 emitter lumens) 5.5 hour runtime. I also have the L1D body, which gives 53 emitter lumens for 5 hours.

None of these will work without batteries, of course. All the flashlights listed above have batteries in them and most are at 80+% charge. My BOB contains 12 new Titanium Innovations CR123A batteries in a nice plastic case, and 12 new Energizer Ultimate Lithiums (again in a nice plastic case) right next to it. There are also 8 Energizer Lithium AAAs in the original packaging.

My battery drawer at home duplicates the plastic case of CR123A batteries, five more CR123As that didn't fit in the case, roughly 40 Energizer Lithium AAs and 12 AAAs. I have a box of 12 Duracell D batteries as well.

None of this counts my rechargeable AAs, 14500s, or various other flashlights stashed here and there. It's distinctly possible that I have gone overboard in this particular area of preparation.

[* - ANSI lumens are like OTF lumens, but measured after the light has a chance to warm up and therefore run with less efficiency. Probably the most useful lumens measurement. The Quark S2 is brighter than the Quark R5.]

[** - OTF == Out The Front. The actual lumens emitted as the light is turned on (and not warmed up). Most flashlight manufacturers use emitter lumens, which has the effect of overstating the usable lumens figure by roughly 30%.]

[*** - I feed my AA and AAA flashlights Engergizer Ultimate Lithiums, so my runtimes will be 20+% better than the manufacturer estimates on alkalines.]