The Becker BK-7 now made by KaBar is another option that is close to that price point that meets your needs other than the scandi grind. An option for the Mora might be to remove the existing handle, purchase your handle material(s) of choice, and design and attach your own handle. I am trying to do this myself with a factory marine combat knife where the leather handle was compromised, subjected to moisture, and subsequently molded. I cut the old leather handle and the pinned metal pommel off, exposing the stick tang. I then traced part of the blade and the tang profile onto some graphing paper and proceeded to design my own handle. Doing it on paper allows you to experiment before making a final decision. I simply decided to emulate the handle design from my cold steel recon tanto. All I have to do now is order the materials needed, trace the handle profile on the micarta slabs I plan to use, cut them to rough shape, trace the tang profile, route out the area for the tang, drill holes for the handle screws, use epoxy to glue it all together, do a final sanding and add the screws after the epoxy dries. Hope this helps.

EDIT - good call by doug on the handleless mora's, didn't know those were available, lots easier than removing an existing handle

Edited by Mark_Frantom (02/11/11 07:23 PM)