Jeanette,

Please do not take this as a personal attack and hope you will take it in the spirit for which it made, which to encourage real world experiences. Having been in the Fire/Rescue/EMS Service for over 20 years, I am well aware of the educational benefits of running scenarios. We regularly train, preplan and conduct post-incident evaluations of both real world and tabletop exercises. We even push the envelope with some scenarios being somewhat extreme so when the real thing comes along, we have trained and preplanned to a higher level allowing for quick decisive plans and actions to be implemented.

I can well appreciate the need and desire to armchair analyze various survival scenarios, which may lead to a better understanding and potentially implemented set of actions when faced with real world events. However, I will admit to finding this form and degree of role playing to be on the fringe of being obsessive and counter productive, when there so many real world situations that could benefit from the involvement of a highly intelligent person such as yourself. You make reference to your having taking classes, read books and taken on-line classes and while I being very presumptuous, I think you might want to put into real world practice those things you have enjoyed exploring. To my humble way of thinking, we are in this world for such a very short time; I want to be as productive and contributory as possible.

I deeply apologize if I have offended you in any way, it is not my intent, but the parent in me wants to rip out your Internet connection and have you go and volunteer for a Girl Scout troop of at risk youth.

I will stay out of this discussion any further, as this is way off your topic and I do not wish to offend-
Pete