Another item of interest, 550 cord, the real stuff is not what is on a paratrooper parachute. 550 cord is on the chutes used on ejection seats and emergency chutes aircrew have available.
The T-10, MC-1B and other actual airborne soldier parachutes use Type II paracord that is from 375 to 425 lbs breaking strength and has 4 inner strands instead of 7. I prefer this type but it is not commercially produced for general use, the only type II available will be sold by a parachute manufacturer or a parachute rigger supply house.

The firemaking aspect of paracord is mainly as a string for a bow-drill but can also be used as a "fire thong" with some success in the right conditions.

Bottom line, almost any 550 cord is fine for camping/survival or general usage. However, you would not want to sew it to a parachute canopy and let you life depend on it, it just is not rated for that use and is not true Mil-Spec.