Originally Posted By: Susan
I'm probably too old-fashioned for most here, but WHY is an 8-mo preggie commuting during a storm??? That baby could come anytime, and stress could probably set her off. Being stuck in snow with nothing but businessmen and truck drivers around seems like a really stupid idea, to me.

A little common sense would be a good idea: watch the weather forecast, don't think they've got it down to the hour, if bad weather is coming relatively soon, don't go to work. I'm sure she isn't THAT indispensable, even if she thinks she is.

Ask her EXACTLY what she intends to do if she goes into labor in the car, stuck in a snowstorm, and no one can find her or get to her. I'll bet this is her first baby and she doesn't really have a clue. Let's toss this in: BREECH BIRTH!

Sue

Even taking the financial aspects out of it, careers are justifiably important to a lot of women (me included) and it’s not always possible to take time off and advance your career. And there were literally thousands stuck in that mess in the metro DC area.