Originally Posted By: JBMat
Ok, is it me or have people forgotten that it snows in the winter? Granted, some places that haven't seen snow, or the amounts of snow, in a while but it's not like the weather gods have gone insane and it's snowing at the equator. NYC is in the north, snow happens there. DC, sorry, north enough if Atlanta is getting snow.

Probably 95% of the people interviewed on TV are idjits. Unprepared for it, can't drive in it, can't walk in it (one maroon was wearing high heels, what in the name of all that is holy was she thinking??), don't want to shovel it, and of course - "can't remember the last time we had this much snow."

The man who said "Those who can't remember the past are doomed to repeat it" or words to that effect, was 110% correct. The more I watch, the more I am amused.

Yes, so much foolishness -- especially coming on the heals of last winter's storms (three historic storms in one season).

As for the woman in heels, a friend and I were talking about that phenomenon yesterday. A lot of people get in their cars in their garages at home and have the heated car seats blazing before they exit their driveway, get out of their cars in garages at work and don't go outside the entire day. So they don't wear boots or hats. Their coat may be inadequate for long durations, too.

Those are the folks most miserable during quarterly winter fire drills that force them to stand outside the office building for 30 minutes.

These people who got on the road after 4:00p knew it would be a slow drive home but they did not imagine it could be a 8-10-12 hour drive home.

No one did -- including the authorities.