Good Tip CANOEDOGS, I like reading old outdoor books for the terrific practical information.

I have some current first-hand experience in pulling tape off a wound.

Twelve days ago I had arthroscopic knee surgery which involved 3 small incisions around the top of my right knee. These cuts were each closed with 3 short pieces of strong Steri-Strip Tape (1/2" wide by 2" long) put on full size. The first Steri-Strip was just stuck over the cut and then 2 more pieces overlapped it, making a star shape. Four days after the surgery I took the Steri-Strips off as instructed, it was quite painful as the strips were stuck to the wound and clotted blood, there was no new bleeding but in previous surgeries there has been (this is my 4th knee operation).

I guess the tape replaces the use of stitches and I suspect an adhesive bandage with a non-stick pad would not pull the incision closed enough.

The surgeon is an avid outdoorsman and a good guy to talk to, I see him for a follow-up visit tomorrow. I am going to printout your "Twisted Tape" post to show him, perhaps in the future he will consider narrowing the portion of the Seri-Strip that goes over the incision.

Thanks, Mike