Hi Seth. Thanks for posting, this looks like an interesting show. I'll admit I dreamed of doing such a thing, however my wife dreams about having a place even CLOSER to Walmart than the 8 minutes away we are currently. frown

Like many on this board, I am curious about some of the details of this project. I'm reading it as you want to follow a family that has already taken the first steps in homesteading including already having a peice of land picked out or purchased and you just want to follow them along with a camera. Is that correct or do you have a peice of land for the family already in mind? If Raw TV will be supplying the land what happens after the show? Is it given to the family, sold to them, or are they expected to leave when it's done?

Of course the big question is what sort of financial incentive will be given to the family? I realize that will be somewhat open to negotiation but a ballpark figure would help people out. For instance, I was offered $8k-$10k for a ten week stint as a colonist on the second season of "The Colony". That wasn't enough to make up for being fired if I took the role. I had to pass but obviously it was enough for the other cast members.

I look forward to seeing how this pans out and offer my assistance/connections in any way you might find useful.

-Blast

Edited by Blast (01/14/11 06:01 PM)
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.