big m..garly's post about a CO alarm was well taken,i would never leave something like that running while i was sleeping,that's what the winter gear is for.being a stove collector i have seen several tests done of different camp stoves run in tents for heating and cooking and am well aware of the danger.i was thinking of using a kerosene burning stove.kero is used for indoor heating and the stoves were used for cooking all over Europe before town gas.many of my fellow "stovies" still cook indoors on their old Primus stoves as part of the hobby with no ill effects.having said that your post is well taken and i would like to find or borrow a good CO testing meter to see just what i was dealing with in what was a "cold nite,lets try this out" sort of thing.just as an aside a buddy who worked in Canada tells me story's of guys who set fire to the spare tire in order to make it thru the nite after ditching the car on the way back from town...and--the Coleman 502 with the heat drum i used ice fishing,that was just inside a wood crate i sat on behind a windbreak.