Bigrr, I'm glad your having fun, the jungle in Asia and south America has everything you need to survive for indefinite amount of time, you just need to know where to get it as you are finding out. It is funny how each country has their choices of tools, Parang where you are at, bolos in Philippines, machetes in Central America, kukri's in India, etc.. The one thing I loved the most was the mosquitoes did not make any noise like they do in America. It's bad enough getting bit but that irritating buzzzzz all the time was torture. We built our shelters out of bamboo off the ground and kept that fire always going to keep the little pests away. I never could get a fire started with rubbing the bamboo together, I suppose if I was there long enough I would hope to eventually get it. We made the rice steamers like you did out of bamboo over the fire, cooked the bat wings, etc.. and got the water from the vines and bamboo cells with the bamboo straw. Have you made your bamboo crossbow for hunting yet. I didn't master that one as well, I definitely wish I had more time to in the jungle, also keep eating that malaria plant, forgot what they call it but it works, the locals will show you. Good luck and have fun, it's a learning experience of a lifetime. When you figure it out, then go for desert, winter and ocean training.