Quote:
And the snow is back. Fun and games again.

We had more thundersnow again yesterday (I thought thundersnow events were mean't to be quite rare). The couple of inches we got today was actually quite welcome as this has actually helped getting around. The snow has made walking over the 2-3 inches of solid ice covering the pavements a lot easier.

Lots of BBC news media etc on the TV (the Christmas Caribbean destination crowd are a little upset at the moment having to bed down on hard floors with a space blanket at LHR), apparently it has snowed down in the south of England as well and are expecting another 6-8 inches tomorrow on top of the 4-6 inches they got yesterday. Hmm a foot of snow on the south of England, now thats what I call fun and games. wink I guess the news media shouldn't have got so smug about Scotland grinding to a halt. grin

I would expect to see major shortages of fuel (especially domestic fuel oil, which is currently at a critical state), food etc and even salt and grit as many local authorities are now running short, i.e. more than half way through their stockpiles within 3 weeks and the winter hasn't even meant to have started yet.

The supermarkets down in the south of England, will probably feel like a TEOTWAWKI event just before Christmas with all the foklks carrying out their mad shopping rush to cover the 2 days whilst the UK shuts down.

Hopefully I'll get some snow shoes for Christmas for when the salt and grit runs out in mid January.