Originally Posted By: Dagny
Here's what the eastern seaboard has to look forward to next week. Early in the season for such temps. Glad we're not getting what the midwest will. I hope anyone who needs their winter car kit in this has erred on the side of too much...

* The cold will bleed toward the East Coast starting Sunday night, with the worst of it in arriving Tuesday and Tuesday night. Although the cold air will not be as potent as it had been in the Midwest, the entire I-95 corridor from D.C. northward will have sub-freezing highs and lows in the teens. The wind chills will make it feel much colder. Conservatively, it looks like sustained winds of 20 to 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph begin Monday and may not relent until late Wednesday (especially toward New England). Wind chills at night will dip near or below zero in all the big cities.

D.C. metro forecast:

Monday: High 29-33, wind chills in the teens

Monday night: Lows 12-20 (suburbs to city), wind chills from 5 to -5.

Tuesday: High 25-29, wind chills in the single digits and teens.

Tuesday night: Lows 10-18 (suburbs to city), wind chills -10 to 0.

Wednesday: High 27-31, wind chills in the teens.

Yikes! Reminiscent of what we recently had in the PNW. Stay safe everyone. Carry lots of cold weather gear if you have to be out and if you don't stay off the roads. I was lucky in our recent storm to watch it on TV as the roads were horrible and being stranded isn't any fun no matter how much preparation is in the vehicle.