Originally Posted By: Richlacal
OK I'll break the Ice!Everyone's Kits/Idea's/Suggestions/etc. Missed One Major Point!What are you using, When Your Futilities turn Towards The Facilities,& There are NO Accomodations in Sight?

Excellent points. Once upon a time, along with countless cars as far as the eyes could see, a friend and I were stuck on I-84 in the Columbia River Gorge waiting for snow plows to clear an avalanche and lead us through. An hour or so into the wait, guys from several vehicles walked across the guardrail and eastbound lanes to the woods. We assumed the soda and coffee had caught up.

I'm not going to carry a porta-potty in the car. Either I'd look for safe natural cover nearby and count on my warm clothes, boots and gaiters to keep me warm. One could also drape a tarp over the doors on one side of the vehicle to provide a modicum of privacy. Would help to have friends or family in that case.

What to do with any solid wastes is another matter. Could be buried in the snow and left for snowplows. Or could be deposited in one of the garbage bags that many of us carry (perhaps that could be tied to my bike rack but it's not going in the car).

I carry a Kelly Kettle. Will it burn?

When is doo dung?

Might ruin one's appetite for tea.