"That's a weird combo for a neighborhood--a bombmaker and someone right next door who just happens to board up their windows for no good reason?"

*snickering*

Okay, let me use a real-life explosion that Blast would be proud of.

When nearly 9 million pounds of ammonium perchlorate (used in solid fuel rocket boosters) at PEPCON blew up in Henderson, NV, it damaged homes within a 10-miles radius, wobbled a 737 that was landing at McCarren Airport seven miles away, ruptured a 16" natural gas pipeline, created a crater 15' deep and 200' across, and two of the seven explosions caused land movement measuring 3.0 and 3.5 on the Richter Scale.
PEPCON Big Boom

It probably wouldn't have been quite so bad if they hadn't been storing over 4,000 55-gallon barrels of ammonium perchlorate in the parking lot.

Anyway, since windows were cracked and shattered as far as 10 miles away, I am assuming that the concussion did most of the damage in the outer areas.

So, is everyone saying that the concussion/shock wave would have broken the windows even if they were boarded up because a house was vacant? I am assuming that, since the homes in the outer reaches wouldn't likely to have had any debris affecting them at that distance, so the concussion had been traveling THROUGH houses to get to them, so one lousy sheet of plywood wouldn't have made any difference at all, right?

Sue