GPS Coordinates

The "standard" for emergency response is supposed to be Degrees Decimal Minutes (ddd mm.mmm"). But, and Degrees format should be fine. I know I can put ant Decimal Format into the MCT (Mobile Computer Terminal) on my Engine. I have setup my GPS handhelds to display this format and UTM (which I prefer to use with paper maps).

Obviously, you want the Datum set to the paper map you are using but the responding units may be on a different Datum. WGS84 is the Datum to use when given GPS coordinates to Aircraft.

IV start Stuff

Mdiananna is correct, it is much easier to get IV access early in a patient with significant trauma. In my range bag, I didn't add IV start stuff due to a space/room requirement I set for my self (wanting the kit to fit in my range bag). I decided that with the urban ranges I shoot at being very close to paramedic units (3-5 minutes if they are in quarters) and since I would typically be on scene at the time of injury by the time I was at the point I would be getting ready to start an IV help would be arriving.

In the remote setting, I carry much more including IV supplies. I have the luxury of being able to be bring a full complement of advanced life support equipment including a medications, ECG/defibrillator or AED. However, I typically stick to a larger version of my Range Kit that adds more advanced airway management, IV supplies, basic complement of medications and larger quantities of bleeding control stuff. This kit also includes a cheap GPS (an old eTrex) with spare batteries and set to the right coordinate system and datum, signal gear (a strobe, smoke and signal panel) and stuff to keep a patient warm.