While thinking about some emergency situations something crossed my mind:<br><br>Doug Ritter does mention the use and advantage of "one-handed tools" (knife, firestarter, ...).<br>However, I was thinking: Most people are "single-handed" (right- OR left-handed), little people are "two-handed" (right- AND left-handed). <br>If they would find themselves in an emergency situation with their "main" hand/arm (seriously) injured (or even a broken thumb or indexfinger), most people would have the greatest trouble doing even the most simple emergency tasks.<br><br>An extra problem could be caused by the one-handed tools that are made for the "wrong hand" e.g. Is it possible to open and close Doug's right-handed "Chris Reeves sebenza" with your left hand? (By the way, I truely love that Sebenza. I'd love to own one myself too but they are quite expensive.) In this situation, imho the best tools would be the "one-handed" ones that can be used with both right and left hand.<br><br>When testing gear or "training" techniques, I suggest trying them first with both hands, afterwards with only the "main/good" hand (with e.g. the other one tied to you belt)<br>an finally with the "bad" hand. I also suggest that every one should start "training" their "bad" hand even in daily life. <br><br>When an emergency should occur this "two-handedness" could be a great asset and even a life-saver.<br><br>tranx